Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hi! My name is Annie and I am a Bookaholic.

“My mother never gave me any idea that I couldn’t do whatever I wanted to do or be whomever I wanted to be. She filled our house with love and fun and books and music, unflagging in her efforts to give me role models from Jane Austen to Eudora Welty to Patti Smith. As she guided me through these incredible eighteen years, I don’t know if she ever realized that the person I most wanted to be was her.”
 Rory Gilmore

Ok so I'm not 18 but the rest of this quote is pretty spot on.  Hi! My name is Annmarie I prefer Annie.  What I enjoy to do with pretty much all of my free time is escape reality and read a book.  I love putting my ear buds in, blasting some instrumental music and focusing on a good book!  I imagine that I'm the main character.  I imagine that I'm living their lives.  Sometimes I feel as if I really know the characters. 

My favorite book series are Harry Potter, The Hunger Games and Vampire Academy... in no particular order.  I have recently started reading books written by Nicholas Sparks.  My favorite book that he wrote (so far) is The Last Song.  

My favorite colors are orange, purple and pink. My favorite foods are apples, steamed broccoli and steamed green beans.  My mother is my role model and my best friend.  (She's raising me and my brother by herself and she makes life pretty fun!)  I am a homebody.  My favorite show is Gilmore Girls and I really feel that I can relate to Rory.  Ya know the whole single mom thing plus she too is a total book worm who earns impressive grades.  Ithaca is my favorite place to visit.  I intend to go to college to become a lawyer.  Eight was my age when I decided that I wanted to attend Syracuse University to study law.    My number one choice for college is Syracuse.  I am also interested in Yale, Cornell, Harvard and Texas University.  (The last one because it's so close to my Aunt and both of my uncles and the first because it's so close to my mom.) 

I decided that with allllll of the books I read I would like to start writing about them.  I figured blogging was a good format because then I could also connect with others who share a similar taste in books.  My mom said yes and here I am...

6 comments:

  1. You make me smile! I can't wait to read about all of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a wonderful young lady annie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very cool!! I can't wait to see what you put on here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your awesome annie! Im excited to keep track of the overwhelming number of books you read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant believe I never noticed there is a comment section! This blog is so awesome Annie. I cant wait to follow what you are reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie! I am a friend of your mom's and a HUGE fan of yours! Such an exciting thing you are doing. You remind me so much of myself when I was a wee little lad (only I wasn't a lad and you are way cuter!)

    Someday you and my daughter Molly will have to get together and your mom and I can catch up. I'm sure you two would hit it out fantabulously.

    Anyway, keep up the good work. You have a super cool job and are doing it so well!!

    ~ Liz/Elizabeth/Lea/Molly's mom/etc.

    ReplyDelete