Monday, July 7, 2014

Divergent

  As not many of you may know, I've recently added a poll to the bottom of my blog :D I'm going to try and have a new one posted every week or two.
  The move for "Divergent" recently came out. I, as a true bookaholic, read the books first. I started to read them about 4 months before Allegiant was released. Divergent begins with an interesting scene regarding the main character, Beatrice Prior. She's sitting in a room with people from other "Factions" before her choosing evaluation. She's observing the characteristics of each group, noticing how all of the members in one group are so alike. But when she thinks about herself, she doesn't know where she belongs. She thinks she could belong to a few groups. And this is where I realized that this was going to be a book about identity and breaking the mold society had created.
  I'm trying so hard not to spoil this book right now so bear with me.
  I cannot get over how amazing it is to read a book where the girl doesn't need a guy to save her. It's also amazing to see "labeling" and "cliques" blown up to the size of Chicago. It sheds new light on experimentation, and how our country is advancing technologically. It also makes one think about who they are. Questions I had through the books were "Where would I belong?", "Would I be like Tris?", "Would I be Divergent?". The answer to all of these questions is very simple. Everyone would be Divergent in this society. It's not one-size-fits-all in real life.
  Veronica Roth does an amazingly beautiful job with the crafting of this trilogy. It's an enticing series and I recommend it to everyone. Especially the people from American Girl who publish the books on "How to be a Young Lady."

No comments:

Post a Comment