Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Probability of Miracles

I read this book last summer and promised a review for it and I still haven't written one.

  "The Probability of Miracles" by Wendy Wunder, was a heart wrenching story about a girl, Cam Cooper, who lives in Florida. The heart wrenching part is that she has cancer. Her mother is a firm believer in miracles and decides that the family (Cam, her mother, and her sister) needs to take a road trip to Promise, Maine. It's said to be a place of healing and miracles. Cam decides to make a checklist of things to do before she dies before she leaves for her trip.
  This book is so full of feeling. Some parts are so depressing and others are so uplifting. There are a few where desperateness is present. Some parts are angering. and Almost every part is saddening. To me, this book is so close to TFIOS on a literary level, and an emotional one.
  Crazy things happen when Cam is in Promise. Some good, some bad. I don't know how much I liked the way Cam's heritage distracted from plot. There are a few parts where it's definitely cool to read about but it doesn't always fit with the story.
  I read this before I read TFIOS and it was my favorite book (other than HP) for a while. I recommend it to teens, and TFIOS fans. But keep in mind TPOM was published before TFIOS.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete