Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sad News

  I want to take your attention from the books and their reviews for a moment and talk about some real world stuff that affects readers in the Broome County area and myself.
  My "deal" with Penguin Group is that they send books to me (ones I've asked for and others) and I can review them on my blog to help promote the books. I LOVE LOVE LOVE doing this so much, and I need to thank Diane Quattrochi who is a family friend and works with Penguin Young Readers, for giving me this amazing opportunity. On my social media accounts I actually say I work for Penguin as an unofficial "Book- Reviewer". It's a gift that keeps on giving. I have been introduced to so many new authors and have read so many good books. I have also developed quite an impressive book collection. I am so thankful to be allowed the privilege of doing this.
  Sadly, the local chapter of Penguin Group is closing this coming February. Random House has recently purchased Penguin. Mrs. Quattrochi along with many other people will be losing their jobs in Penguin Group. It's very sad and I feel so bad for the people losing their jobs.
  There comes the inevitable question of the book-sale, though it's one of the less important. This November will be the last book-sale. I'm very sad but also very excited. This will be our last chance to buy books from Penguin at such a low price. I plan on saving basically all of the money I make leading up to the sale. These last few months will also be my last chance to ask for books to read and review. I recommend you save your money as well and I also strongly recommend buying everything you can.
  I hate to break this news... though I'm not really. But I thought you guys ought to know if you didn't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment