Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Harry Potter

  I could spend every day for the rest of my life talking about Harry Potter, so forgive me if I "fangirl" a little too much. To me, Harry Potter is the best book series in the world. Each book has a different lesson, and deeper meaning than just a boy who finds out he's a famous wizard, and goes to a famous school.
  J.K. Rowling is a literary genius. Her writing is enrapturing and bewitching. I have read the series as a whole THREE times. Every time it feels like I'm reading them for the first time. I've reread a few of the books more than 5 times. 
  I'm going to add my favorite Harry Potter pin EVER to this blog. It seriously explains what I mean by a "deeper" meaning. 
  The first book wasn't my favorite but I still loved it. I love the friendship that formed between Ron, Hermione, and Harry. I was 8 when I read the first book, and I truly felt connected to all of them. I felt like I was experiencing Snape's dagger like stares, and like I was listening to Dumbledore talk, and like I could feel the drool from the three headed dog when they went after "Snape" to get the stone. I learned the same lesson about the feeling of desire that Harry did with the mirror. I learned the same lesson that some things are worth fighting for. And I learned that it's okay to stand up to your enemies.
  The second book is one of the books that I've read over 5 times. I'm not sure what exactly it was that I loved so much but I loved it. It might have been the real introduction of the intense Mrs. Weasley. I thoroughly enjoyed the Howler Ron received, and the part where she is screaming at her sons but then she turns to Harry and uses the most loving tone to welcome him. Professor Lockhart made me so angry. He was so arrogant and I detested him. Now to that whole deeper meaning part. The whole thing with the Chamber started with the detest for "Mudbloods". A " Mudblood" was killed the first time the Chamber was opened and "Mudbloods" were the ones petrified the second time. I'm strongly reminded of racism. The detest for African- Americans, the KKK, the Quota System, even the Holocaust because of the belief that "Purebloods" are the superior race. I also learned from Ginny and Tom's relationship. Ginny didn't know who exactly she was talking to. Tom was an older, charming, convincing man and he lured Ginny into her self destruction. Again, I'm reminded  of the internet safety issue, Catfishing, and kidnapping. I learn from the Trio, again, that some things are worth sacrificing your self for.

I am going to post another blog about the next 2 books because this blog is getting pretty long haha.

1 comment: