Wednesday, July 16, 2014

If I Stay

  So " If I Stay" by Gayle Forman is being made into a movie. I read this book last summer and even seeing the preview I was bawling. I don't know why but I like to read these sad, tear jerking stories every once in a while and this is one of those stories. I couldn't get into it at first. It seemed really boring but the synopsis kept me going.
  The book is set in Mia's mind. It includes a lot of flashback and memories and stories. I can't tell you why but I'll warn you. I cried so much and so hard during this book. Mia is going through an extreme crisis and has to make a life or death decision. Her thoughts about the decision are about her relationships, and her family and her past. It's a very touching story.
  I really connect with Mia. I mean, she has both parents around but the way they treat her, and love her is the same way my mom treats and loves me. Mia also has a little brother, and our brothers are both very similar. Mia and I are close in age (High schoolers). We both have one really close friend that we tell everything too, and we both have boyfriends who are similar haha. Mia is a driven and intelligent girl. I respect her character (not like her personality). Her drive plays an important role in this huge decision and I tried to think about what I would do in her situation but it was incredibly difficult.
  This book also shows life from a different point of view. Literally. It also illustrates a deep communication barrier between Mia and the other characters.
  It's a very good, quick, emotional read and I loved it. I can't wait to see the movie. Most people would like this book if you liked TFIOS and books like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment